Sunday, June 14, 2009

Al Udeid Night Life

After having fallen to sleep at about 1 PM I awoke some hours later to a uncomfortable sensation from deep within my loins. I had to pee and I had to do it NOW. We take for grated that anyone of us can get up out of bed, flip on the light and walk to the bathroom in your sleeping gear and go to the bathroom. Not any more. The mass sleeping accommodations are 40 man tents that are kept in the dark. If you plan ahead (which I learned to do for next time) you keep a little fob light on your "man purse-- more about that later-- so you can see. Per the rules, if outside you have to be in an authorized uniform which can be USAF PT gear; shirt tucked in, shorts, shoes with appropriate sock or approved sandles (and only if going to the "Cadillac") and if after dark a reflective belt. Using a container to pee into is strictly forbidden (and for very good reasons) but was the first thing that came to my mind. Under duress I dressed in the dark funbling for anything and finally found the door only to be surprised that at 6 PM it was already dark. So back into the dark and to find my reflective belt. Finally mission accomplished but only thanks to
Kegel's exercises and pelvic floor urge inhibition techniqies and a strategically placed thumb and forefinger.
Now there were people all over, like ants that finally had crawled out. Maybe the 115 in the day and only 90 at night made the difference

There was a band playing country but nothing like the Sky Light back home.


I found a group of pilots from Minnesota playing hokey with a tennis ball.



A bunch of water bottles made a nice goal...SCoooooorrrrrrrreeeeeee!

Midnight and wide awake so I will shoot for another day night cycle and await word about flight outog here. Tonight I did start my blog which kept me occupied unto sun up.







No comments:

Post a Comment