Tuesday, June 16, 2009

332nd EMDG Specialty Clinic/Urology

Welcome to the Specialty Clinic in Balad. It supports Urology, Ophthalmology, EENT and Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. We all share an office and telephone and we each have an examination/procedure room. We really don't do much in the way of office procedures except as an emergency. For the most part, since we are a trauma hospital, the clinics are not that busy. Just to bring a little of Montana to my desk, I brought along my bull scrotal sac that I use as a candy jar. There were a few that had their reservations about sticking their hand inside a scrotal sac so there was a cup for them. This in my corner of the office, plenty of room for the two computors that we use for all of the clinic notes. There are two separate EMR systems of which one is DOS based. Now what does that tell you about being user friendly. I type in everything, all my own H&Ps, progress notes and operative reports. Jackie, you would be out of a job because there is no scanning and no one answers the phone except one of the doctors. Makes our eClinical system seem like the cadillac of EMRs unless you really want to compare it to the cadillacs of Al Udeid.


This is the urology clinic, one room for everything: cystoscopy, stent removal, bladder scan, wound care, physical exams , storage room, and office for my urology staff...one technician. See Dan, we ARE over-staffed.

Ready for work
And for any emergency prostate exams.



No comments:

Post a Comment